I Got A Black Card Offer!
I was checking the mail the other day and noticed an application for a Black Card. The American Express Black Card is the most exclusive and prestigious credit card that anyone can own. The card has no credit limit and is used by many high rollers around the world. I am not a credit card guy but I have to admit that I found the possibility of getting an American Express Black Card exciting. So, I opened the application and what did I see?
I received a credit card offer for a VISA Black Card. You may be wondering like I was, what is a Visa Black Card? I had no clue so I decided to look up some of the specifics of the Visa versionof the black card.
- 24-hour concierge catering to all or your entertainment, travel, business, and lifestyle needs
- Access to over 600 airport lounges worldwide
- Redeem points for airfare on any airline with no blackouts or restrictions beginning at only 25,000 points for a ticket worth up to $500
- Redeem points for 1% cash back
- Zero liability provides complete protection against unauthorized purchases
- Made with carbon, creating a more unique and durable cardApply Now!
Here’s what I found out:
- The card is issued by Barclay’s Bank in Delaware.
- The card is marketed to only 1% of the population.
- The card has a 13.24% base interest rate.
- The card has a $495 Annual Fee.
- The card allows its members to get luxury gifts and exclusive concierge service.
The Real Story
The Visa Black Card is a rival to the American Express Black Card. It’s not exclusive and has nowhere near the prestige of the American Express Card. Since the card is marketed to 1% of the population, there are over 3 million people who receive offers in the mail. Everyone else can apply right on Visa’s website for the card.
The interest rate is 0% for the first six months and rises after that. There are a lot of better credit cards out there with much lower interest rates. I would say that this card is best for people that spend a lot of money annually on credit card charges. For the regular everyday customer, this card is not the best option because of the big annual fee. If you are a big spender and enjoy a lot of perks then you could do a lot worse than the Visa Black Card.
The free gifts and perks make the Visa Black Card an attractive option for high rollers.