You can learn a lot about investing in the stock market by looking at the portfolios of the best investors. When it comes to investing, there is none better than Warren Buffett. Let’s take a look at the top 10 stocks that Warren Buffett is holding in his portfolio as we close out the final quarter of 2010.
Name Symbol Shares Approximate Value
1. CocaCola Company (KO) 200,000,000 shares $13 billion dollars
2. Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) 336,408,845 shares $10.5 billion dollars
3. American Express Co. (AXP) 151,610,700 shares $6.5 billion dollars
4. Proctor & Gamble Inc. (PG) 76,766,036 shares $5 billion dollars
5. Kraft Foods (KFT) 105,214,584 shares $3.3 billion dollars
6. Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) 42,624,563 shares $2.6 billion dollars
7. WalMart Stores Inc. (WMT) 39,037,142 shares $2.1 billion dollars
8. Wesco Financial Corp (WSC) 5,703,087 shares $2.1 billion dollars
9. ConocoPhillips (COP) 29,109,637 shares $2 billion dollars
10.U.S. Bancorp (USB) 69,039,426 shares $1.9 billion dollars
The top 10 stocks are important because these are the only companies in which the holding’s value is greater than $1 billion dollars. The total stock value of the entire Berkshire Hathaway portfolio is just under $54 billion dollars. Keep in mind that this is according to the last recorded financial statements filed by Berkshire. No one knows what moves Buffett has been making this quarter.
I do follow after Buffett’s investing style and have owned 3 companies on the list for a long time. The goal of this site is to try and buy stocks like Warren Buffett.